IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s moves online! CLICK for more information.
Sunday, May 31, 2020
Introducing WALK ONLINE!
We are excited about taking our Walks online or virtually so we can continue to offer the vital programs and services that are needed for people living with dementia in our communities. We are challenging our walkers to be as creative as possible and have fun!
Here are some ideas to create your own WALK ONLINE:
- Follow your Fitbit, smartphone, or smartwatch step tracker. Log your steps and challenge friends to match your mark using social media.
- Do the funniest Monty Python-esque walk around your home, and challenge your friends to top it.
- Do a funky dance in your home, then share it as a video online on IG, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Challenge your friends to who can climb the most stairs.
- Your dog can help fundraise, too! Take it out for extra walks.
- Record personal expressions of support and pledge your support online.
Family, friends and neighbours are invited to create a team or register individually and #walktomakememories matter.
The funds you raise through the Walk allow us to deliver vital programs and services to the 17,000 individuals in York Region living with dementia who depend on them. And this year, the need is that much greater and your support even more important.
Now more than ever, social connection even from a distance is critically important for people with dementia and their caregivers. Alzheimer Societies across Canada will continue to deliver programs and services to those who depend on them and where necessary, will modify services through online opportunities.
For more information contact Carol Dowell, events coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
For sponsorship opportunities, contact Tammy Bucci, director of philanthropy, at 905-726-3477.