Introducing the 2nd edition of our WALK ONLINE!
Sunday 30th May 2021
We are excited to once again be holding our Walk online (or virtually) so we can continue to promote awareness of the importance of supporting people living with dementia in our communities. We are challenging our walkers to be as creative as possible and have fun!
This year, registration for the walk for the Suroît region is free. However, for those who wish to make a donation, the proceeds collected from the event will go towards offering programs and services to people living with dementia in our region.
Here are some ideas to create your own WALK ONLINE:
Get your household to participate
- Challenge 6500: We are issuing a challenge to walk 6500 steps, one step for each person living in the Suroît region who has a form of dementia.
- Follow your Fitbit, smartphone, or smartwatch step tracker. Log your steps and challenge friends to match your mark using social media.
- Do the funniest Monty Python-esque walk around your home, and challenge your friends to top it.
- Challenge your friends to who can climb the most stairs.
- Your dog can help fundraise, too! Take it out for extra walks.
You’d prefer to participate in other ways? No problem
- Do a funky dance in your home, then share it as a video online on Instagram, Facebook, TikTok, etc.
- Instead of walking, you can jump rope, do yoga, tai chi, all individual activities are good.
- Record personal expressions of support and pledge your support online.
- Children can draw pictures of walkers and hang them proudly at home.
- If you have a story, special memory of the person that inspired you to walk, share it!
Donate by mail
Print and complete the PDF donation form.
Now more than ever, social connection even from a distance is critically important for people with dementia and their caregivers. Although certain activities are modified or transformed in order to offer safer options such as telephone or online services, the Alzheimer Society Suroît continues to offer essential programs and services to the people who count on them.
Register today for the IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer’s and share the invitation with your family and friends.
Please WALK ONLINE and don’t forget to follow the directives issued by the government of Québec, we can participate in recognizing people in our region while respecting the guidelines for social distancing!
Contact: Audrey Desbiens