DATE: MAY 29, 2022 (Rain or Shine)
LOCATION: Firemen's Park, Niagara Falls
- 9:30 am - Registration & Wellness Fair Open
- 10:00 am - Entertainment
- 10:00 am - 12:30 pm - Self-Paced walk route
- 11:00 am - Registration closes
- 12:00 pm - Entertainment
- 12:30 pm - Prizes and announcements
Local Lead Sponsor
11,099 PEOPLE IN NIAGARA ARE LIVING WITH DEMENTIA
WHO ARE YOU WALKING FOR?
In 2022, it is estimated that 11,099 people in Niagara are living with dementia. Make this symbolic walk with them on your own throughout the month of May or in-person with us at Firemen’s Park on May 29th. Together with the support of the community and the Alzheimer Society no one with dementia has to walk alone!
By walking you can be part of the solution. You can honour the memory of those who are no longer with us and support our work to help people who have dementia live well now. All money raised in Niagara will stay in Niagara to support our programs and services.
Walk your own way! Will you do 11,099 steps every day or work up to it over the whole month?
“It’s Incredibly hard to put into words how the Alzheimer Society has helped. It feels like the glue that holds the confusing pieces together. There are so many questions to be asked and decisions that need to be made as a family, and having their support and guidance has been essential.” Alicia, Care Partner & 2022 Walk Spokesperson
Join multiple community organizations and businesses as they showcase their wellness products, services and activities. Collect stamps from each booth you visit to be entered to win a tablet! The Wellness Fair will be available from 9:30 am - 1:00 pm.
ENTERTAINMENT & FOOD
Enjoy entertainment from singer Cory Cruise, and purchase delicious treats from our food trucks Johnny Rocco's, Tropical Fiesta and Canadiana a Go-Go who are all donating 15% of all sales to the Alzheimer Society!
- TV (Sponsored by Right at Home Canada)
- Canada Summer Games pass for 2
- River Lions tickets to a game of your choice & dinner for 2 at Kelsey's Original Roadhouse
- Use of a Community Suite for 12 people to attend a Niagara Ice Dogs hockey game at the Meridian Centre. Includes Snacks & Beverages (date to be mutually agreed upon) Donated by Meridian Credit Union
- $200 gift certificate to Kelsey’s Original Roadhouse and 1 hour of bowling at Parkway Social
- $200 gift certificate to Harvey’s restaurant
WIN A $1,500 TRAVEL CREDIT!
For every $50 raised in pledges you will get one ticket into a draw to win a $1,500 travel credit donated by VIA Rail (up to a maximum of 25 tickets)
- Raise $100 and receive an IG Wealth Management Walk for Alzheimer's t-shirt
If you would like to support a team through e-transfer, please complete our e-transfer donation form, and let us know the name of the team or individual you are supporting in the comments box. You will receive an email with further instructions, including the email address needed for the transfer.
Get a sneak peak at some of our amazing auction items! Auction opens May 27, 2022 @ 9:00 am and will close on June 13, 2022 @ 9:00 pm.
A generous thank you to all of our sponsors for supporting our signature event!